Friday, February 13, 2009

Ted Dekker

If you are a book worm and a christian you will have no doubt heard of Ted Dekker. If you have not heard of him now is the time. Ted Dekker is an awesome christian fiction writer who writes what I think Stephen King would write if he were to go into the Christian genre.

I have read most of his books starting with the Circle Trilogy. In Black, Red and White Dekker weaves an impossible tale with vivid imagery and fantastic twists. This series was so good the I personally read them three times! Trust me that is very unusual for me. Join the Circle and follow Thomas as he tries to save both of the worlds he is caught up in. You will meet God in the pages of this fiction in a way you never imagined.

The latest book of Ted Dekker's to catch my attention was Chosen. This series is a spin off of the original Circle Trilogy and follows members of the Forest Guard as they search for the Lost Books of the Histories. From the first book it is apparent that this set will be much grittier than Ted Dekker's previous installments. Expect some mayhem and destruction as the young guard members faith is tested as well as their strength. The first book Chosen was a delight, I finished it quickly and am now waiting for the other books of the series to arrive.

Ted Dekker is a man after God's heart in his writing, the no nonsense approach plus the beautiful imagery are breathtaking. If you cannot tell I am a die hard fan, few of Ted Dekker's books have fallen below my expectations. If you have not discovered the talent of Ted Dekker yet head on over to Amazon and find one of his books. They are reasonably priced and well worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment